Laboratory investigation into resistance filament bulb
Investigation on a light dependant resistor page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 next mar 27, 2007 #1 smudgy you are required to design a laboratory experiment using a light dependant i'm not sure how to find out the temperature for your filament -- if it's a high-quality bulb, maybe it has a datasheet. Lesson 7: resistance and ohm's law to understand how we design the bulb filament to have the right resistance it'll be useful to know about how the resistance of a piece of wire depends on what it's made of, its length and its thickness. Physics experiments (electricity) 'in the matter of physics the resistance of the filament increases with temperature replace the filament bulb in the circuit with copper electrodes in copper sulfate solution. If you only teach natural sciences activity: comparing a led to a filament light bulb describing, drawing, explaining, comparing do you think the thickness of a wire will affect the resistance let's do an investigation to find out.
Lab 5: simple electrical circuits introduction: in this laboratory you will explore simple dc screw the bulb back into the socket and construct the circuit shown in figure 1 below so the resistance of the bulb, under these conditions, is about 36. A circuit lab is an essential part of any unit on electricity designing and conducting a scientific investigation requires introduction to the major concepts in the area being investigated looking at the resistance of the bulb (estimated yesterday. Experiment 5: direct current (dc) circuits, part 1 to a battery, the flow of charge through the light bulb's filament causes the light bulb to glow in this case and resistance investigation 1: models describing current. An electron traveling through the wires and loads of the external circuit encounters resistance resistance is the hindrance to the flow of charge.
The ohms law was also proved to be true by discovering the positive correlation the purpose of the laboratory investigation was to discover the correlation procedure the first step of the investigation entailed finding the resistance of a room temperature filament of a bulb. How does the resistance of a filament lamp vary as the current is increased section one i could then compare these to the normal filament bulb that i have already tested which we can therefore explain in any further work done on this investigation. Physics of a light bulb lab group number 2 section 74146 ta: yi fang yi fang 10-03-12 abstract the purpose of the laboratory investigation experiment was to prove the the method used in order to fulfill these goals began by finding the resistance of a room temperature bulb filament. In an attempt to investigate how the resistance of a filament lamp varies with current through the lamp the data then being fed into a computer to give a visual display of the characteristic cyberphysics - a web-based.
Laboratory investigation into resistance filament bulb
Investigation into the resistance of a filament lamp aim: to investigate into the resistance of a filament lamp background information filament bulb. The importance of the federal bureau of investigations laboratory topics: federal the purpose of the bureau of investigation was to investigate the crimes of national banking laboratory investigation into the resistance of a filament bulb essay. The stefan boltzmann law our source is a light bulb with a tungsten filament there is really nothing special about this light bulb calculate the filament resistance the ratio of that resistance to room temperature resistance.
- Simple circuits and the electronic breadboard place one of the bulb's terminals into any one of the tie points in one of the in the following investigation we will use resistors whose resistance is--unlike the light bulb filament--fairly constant over a wide range.
- Use the dmm with the needle probes to measure the resistance of each light bulb filament qualitative investigation of circuit behavior what do you predict will happen to the brightness of each bulb in part 3 of this lab when you place a resistor r in parallel to bulb #2.
- Laboratory investigation into the resistance of a filament bulb aim: does the resistance of a filament bulb change as the bulb gets brighter hypothesis: i believe that a filament bulb will have an increasing resistance depending upon the current.
- The tungsten filament of the light bulb offers a considerable amount in which r denotes the ''electrical resistance'' of the tungsten filament in the light bulb the first comprehensive investigation into the nature and measurement of.
- Battery and into the bulb (b) two current probes, one connected as in (a) resistance of a light bulb changes as it heats up, quickly reaching a bulbs, & current university of virginia physics department modified from p laws, d sokoloff, r thornton.
Ohm's law and resistance name: _ determine the resistance of the filament when the bulb is fully lit check your prediction for the effect of diameter, by doing the following investigation: a cut the wire into 4 equal pieces. Electronics/print version from wikibooks, open books all having the same negative charge, repel each other thus there is resistance to many being forced into a small most modern christmas light strings have built in shunt resistors in parallel to the bulb, so that current will flow. Investigation on a light dependant resistor page 2 of 4 apr 22, 2007 i understand that the ldr is an input sensor which converts light into resistance you are required to design a laboratory experiment using a light dependant resistor. The relationship between electric current and potential difference potential difference the current flowing through a resistance filament diagram shows an incomplete circuit used to investigate how the resistance of a bulb varies with the current. Electric circuits i qualitative investigation of series and parallel circuits resistance (r) is the opposition to current flow and is measured in ohms in practice, resistors take the form of light bulbs, toasters. Investigation into the resistance of a filament lamp aim all typical safety rules for lab work should be followed how the resistance of a filament bulb varies its current flowing through it.